Mens Derby Dress Hats

Men's Derby hats bring you back in time to a simpler but well-dressed era. Depending on which side of the pond you hail from, you will call it one name or the other. If you're from England or part of the UK, you will call this a Bowler hat. It is known as a Derby Hat in the US if you're from the States. Designers created this dress hat in the mid-1800s for an English gentleman who favored a dress hat made of a stiff Felt and not the soft type that the lower classes of the day wore. They are immediately recognizable with their fully rounded crown and narrow grosgrain-trimmed brim. The hat became very popular for men who favored wearing overcoats when out and about on the town because it had a particular undeniable style that men of the upper classes favored.